Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted!!  Things have been busy and I guess that is a good thing!  It means that my life is getting busy and back to normal and some days I just don't have time to sit down at the computer and update things!  (I also seem to like putting exclamation points on everything lately!)  I kept meaning to post on my one year anniversary of my surgery and then my one year anniversary of coming home from my surgery (Christmas Day), but I just couldn't find the time to do it.  It is pretty surreal to think about where I was a year ago.  In some ways it seems like a bad dream still.  Sometimes I sit and think, "Did I really go through all of that?"  - even though I definitely have the scars to prove it.  And days like today when I am receiving my next infusion of Avastin.  Another 7 a.m. appointment, but hopefully that gives me enough time to make it back home in time to take the kids to their swim lessons.  Yes, they are off-track again and I was crazy enough to sign them up for swim lessons again!  Even though the outside temperatures haven't been above freezing for the last couple of weeks!  I think it's good to keep them involved in something while they are off-track though so we don't sit around the house all day with them telling me how bored they are.  I also have Luke and Kitty in a soccer clinic that will be Tuesdays and Thursdays and started yesterday.  Swim lessons are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  

I've been noticing that I have had more and more energy lately.  Our dishwasher broke just after Thanksgiving and we just barely ordered a new one last Saturday so we have been hand washing since then and I have actually had the energy to do it!  I have also been doing some deep cleaning that hasn't been done in a LONG time.  Now if I could just get myself to go to bed at a decent hour, I'd be all set!  (I rarely go to bed before 11 p.m. and I have to get up around 5:50 a.m. to make sure that M&M is up for school - and usually she is not...  Although I do usually go back to sleep for a little bit until the kids get me up or I need to drive Blondie to orchestra class at 8 a.m.)  I even had a crazy couple of nights where I was super in to some family history research I was doing and stayed up until around 2 a.m.  

My hair seems to be getting thicker.  I think I need to get in for a haircut again.  I finally pulled my brush out from hiding and used it for the first time last week.  Up until now I have just been using my fingers to style my hair in the mornings!  I have had numerous people come up to me and tell me that they really like this hairstyle on me.  I am enjoying it too - it is definitely easy to fix in the mornings.    I've also had several people ask me about my highlights - they are natural.  I haven't done anything to my hair color, but it looks like I have some blonde or frosted highlights in my hair (although some of it is starting to turn silver/gray too).

2 comments:

  1. She also climbed up on our roof to hang our Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you are getting your energy back. There is nothing worse then feeling tired all the time. Good luck keeping your kids busy on their break!

    ReplyDelete