Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I came in to meet with my oncologist today and she is apparently doing rounds at the hospital so they told me I would be seeing the nurse practitioner, but then one of the oncology fellows visited with me instead.  It was a pretty quick visit and everything appears to look good right now.  They asked about scheduling my next CT scan and mammogram.  While waiting in the infusion room the study coordinator came and asked if I could do the scan later today after my infusion...  So now I need to not eat or drink anything for the next 4 hours so I can have the scan done.  I asked about my port access because they usually put a different type of tubing in when I am having a scan so they can administer the IV contrast through it.  The coordinator went and asked about it and they said that my tubing will work fine I just need to tell the radiologist so they can push the IV medication through more slowly.  Thankfully my mom is able to stay later at my house.  I hope the girls are being good for her...  I will be going to the U of U satellite clinic for the scan.  I have had my mammogram there before and that is where I saw my dermatologist, but I have never had a CT scan there before.  I also have never had them use my port there so hopefully everything will go smoothly with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment