Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Another fairly routine doctor's visit at Huntsman.  It seemed more busy than usual today at the office and it took them a while to get to me and get my port accessed and labs drawn.  Then there was a new nurse in the port access room who accessed my port.  She didn't do a very good job, but I guess she is still learning.  There was one of the regular nurses helping her out and she had to fix the needle in my port because the first nurse went in at a little bit of an angle so it didn't engage the port...  It was kind of annoying and it is a little more uncomfortable for me.  My skin also turned bright red again but I think that was due do all of the manipulating that the nurses had to do.  By the time I made it to the infusion room it was back to normal color.  The doctor printed out my scan results for me and said that everything looked normal in the scans.  So we are still keeping our fingers crossed with that.

I was a little early for my infusion so I stopped upstairs and grabbed some lunch first.  Now I am just waiting for the Avastin to show up.  My blood pressure continues to be normal and I have lost several pounds from my last visit.  My clothes have been fitting much better lately and I am fitting into things that I haven't worn in quite a while.  I also have some of my regular clothes that are getting baggy looking on me - especially some of my pants.

My hair is getting super long.  I think it has grown quite a bit over the last couple of weeks.  I had many people in the clinic commenting on my hair today.  I am at the stage now where I need to decide what I want to do with it.  If I am going to keep it short then I think I want it a little shorter than it is right now.  The top is getting harder and harder to get looking the way I want and the sides are getting really shaggy.  My normal hairdresser that lives in my neighborhood just had a baby a month and a half ago so I haven't wanted to bug her yet about a haircut!

The Avastin just showed up - I think this is the quickest that it has ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment