Sunday, September 3, 2017

Wow my bed felt nice last night. And it was so dark and quiet! I definitely missed that while at the hospital. My first night at home went alright. It is so hard to do anything - even roll from one side to the other while in bed. It is amazing how much you use. Your abdomen muscles without even realizing it.

DH gets to give me Lovonox shots (a blood thinner) every night like with my last surgery. They sent me home with 2 different pain medications, 2 antibiotics, an anti-nausea drug and a stool softener - although I had told the doctor that I didn't need that one since I already have some that I bought over-the-counter. So far I am hoping to only have to take the ibuprofen that they prescribed and then some over-the-counter acetaminophen for pain. When I left the hospital I was down to just taking the acetaminophen and occasionally some ibuprofen - especially at night.

I got up somewhat early today to get the kids up and ready for church. I will stay home today. I am holding off for a bit to allow my ab muscles to recover some more and my leg is still so swollen - I want to keep it elevated as much as possible.

I spent most of the day today just relaxing. Overall I fell alright - all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment