Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Filling in some blanks:

Here is some info that I forgot to add to some of my posts. I will add it to the correct day, but wanted to add a separate post for those that are already up-to-date on reading my previous posts.

Monday, October 17
I got a call this morning from the director of Sounds of the Season. I was going to email her today to let her know what is going on with me, but apparently someone beat me to it. I have been debating what to tell her and what to do about it this year. I would love to play with the group again because it is something that I really enjoy doing, but I'm not sure if it is something that I will even be able to do this year. Plus it is looking like my surgery will most likely be scheduled sometime in the first week or two of December - right around the performance time of the group. Well, the director basically told me that she doesn't want me to participate this year because of everything I will be going through and that I need to just focus on myself and my family and getting myself better so that I can come back next year. I am kind of sad, but know that this is for the best with everyone's best interest in mind. The last thing I want to do is have them plan on me to play with the group and then not be able to do it when the time comes.


Wednesday, October 19
I got my first flu shot today. I asked DH on our way to Huntsman if he thought that the doctor would want me to get a flu shot with everything that will going on with my immune system during my treatments. Well, DH asked the doctor while we were meeting with her and without hesitation she said, "Yes, we'll do that right now." So the nurse went off and got the papers for me to sign and gave me the shot right there before we left. I didn't even have time to think about it. DH also decided that he should probably get a shot as well this year so he did a couple of days later at work.


Thursday, October 20
Before I left the infusion room they gave me a shot of something that is supposed to shut down my ovaries. One of the absolute worst things that could happen right now would be for me to get pregnant while I am going through chemotherapy and having all of these drugs pumped into my body. They said that one of the side effects of the shot can be hot flashes - basically like I am going through menopause. What fun! Not only do I have the chemo drugs in me that will have who knows what side effects on my body, but I also may have menopause like side effects from this shot!


Friday, October 28
Today is the first day I have worn jeans in a while. I have mostly just been lounging around the house in sweats and workout type pants. I have lost some weight because the jeans that I usually wear are practically falling off of me. I think it a combination of not having a big appetite lately, stopping breastfeeding and hopefully the tumor shrinking...

2 comments:

  1. You have been through so much since I last checked in! I hope the side-effects of the chemo continue to be minimal. I'd love to see your wig! :) I have been praying for you. I am so glad to hear about all of the help and love your family and friends are offering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had hotflashes from meds while trying to get pregnant. Not fun. I would wake in the middle of the night soaking and throw off the covers. I also seemed to go from 0 to witch in about 5 seconds. Wow, poor BJ. I hope you don't have too many of those moments. Love you!

    ReplyDelete