Friday, September 15, 2017

Had my first infusion this morning. I was given a bunch of premed through my port before the chemo drug was given. One of them that they give me is Benadryl and it knocks me how within just a minute or two of giving it to me. I told the nurse this before she gave it to me and then after she came and brought by some paper work to go over and I was having a hard time paying attention/staying awake. She asked me at one point if I was alright and I said that I was just getting really drowsy - I think she was completely surprised with how quickly it knocked me out. She came back later and said that I am a pretty light-weight if it takes me out that quickly! I pretty much just went in and out of sleep during the whole infusion while DH did some work on his laptop across from me. Other than that I was just tired the rest of the day and didn't do too much. We had a family in the ward bring us a meal that evening which helped as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment